- Can I put bagged shredded paper in my household bin for recycling?
No, it’s not suitable, if the rubbish collectors see it then everything else recyclable in that bag will go to landfill as not all local authorities will accept shredded paper for recycling as some paper mills cannot process it, the reasons for this is that Shredding paper weakens it (the fibre length decreases) It could pose problems at the mill e.g. maintenance and fire hazard issues.
The Data Protection Act 1998 applies to all personal information. This is information about living, identified or identifiable individuals and includes information such as names and addresses, bank details and opinions expressed about an individual. If you are holding or processing personal information covered by the Data Protection Act 1998 you must comply with the data protection principles. To learn more, follow the link to the Business Link information on Data Protection and your business.
- What does the Data Protection Act 1998 apply to?
The Data Protection Act 1998 applies to personal information. This is data about living, identified or identifiable individuals and includes information such as names and addresses, bank details, and opinions expressed about an individual.
- Do I need to remove staples and paperclips ?
No. You have better things to do and they go through our heavy-duty shredder without any problem.
- We keep a lot of records inside plastic sleeves? Does this matter?
We prefer that customers minimise the amount of plastic that is included with the paper. The reason is that the plastic contaminates the paper when it goes for recycling. It is helpful if you can remove the plastic sleeves and folders which you can reuse.
- We want to arrange regular visits from Ministry of Shred. How can we store the material between
Ministry of Shred will visit you and review your office layout and the main areas where confidential material is generated and the likely volumes. From this visit and discussion we will prepare our recommendations for a secure storage method that will fit your work pattern and office environment. Ministry of Shred can provide a variety of secure cabinets from small underdesk units to stylish wood finish cabinets. We will tailor a solution that is cost effective for your organisation.
- Why not just use an office shredder?
Our high capacity shredding machines can shred your sack in seconds compared to what a reasonable type of office shredder would take eight hours, giving you a cost effective solution that saves time and labour.
- Although paper is traditionally identified with reading and writing, communications has now been replaced by packaging as the single largest category of paper use at 41% of all paper use.
- The average per capita paper use worldwide was 110 pounds (50kg).
- It is estimated that 95% of business information is still stored on paper.
- 115 billion sheets of paper are used annually for personal computers. The average web user prints 28 pages daily.
Approximately one third of all recycled paper comes from households.